Thursday, March 12, 2009

# 2 "Veterans Administration Doc"

Veterans Records Doc.

James. Raab
624 Forest Ave.
New Jersey 08879.
March 2003.

Veterans Administration.
Office of Public Affairs
810 Vermont Ave N.W.
Washington, DC. 20420

Department of Veterans Affairs
St. Petersburg, Regional Office
PO Box 1437
St. Petersburg, FL. 33731

Department of Veterans Affairs
Regional Office
20 Washington Place
Newark, NJ. 07102-3174

To whom it may concern.
I am requesting all or any of my available Vietnam service record information and or the appropriate means to obtain information. It is my understanding that unit assignments, unit rosters, hospital treatment, and morning reports should be available to me as they are for my fellow applicants of pension. The information is needed for the purpose of establishing a service connection to my PTSD disability. I am rated at 100% total and permanent disabled but unable to verify my whereabouts. I have included a copy of my DD-214 to aid in my identification and information. I was originally assigned to the Embassy in Saigon. I was transferred to unit (138th Avn Co) and again relocated during my tour of duty in Vietnam. The relocation was broken down into small groups. A separate roster for each location should have been created during the relocation. Of particular interest to me is that relocation time period however it is the summation of all the unit rosters during my assignment I am counting on. It is my intention to locate someone from the roster to verify my undocumented account of events. I am attempting to find proof of a “stressor”. I have been denied service connection for my disability and I need this evidence to approve my appeal.
Please advise me as to the proper procedure for acquiring this information. I would like to know how to limit the unit rosters to those containing my name, or specifying only electronic technician, or eliminating other military police. I would like to find any information pertaining to any personnel at the PhuBai motor pool and or supply depot. Maps of that period and location would also be helpful. As I have to date not found any information pertaining to me something that proved my existence in Vietnam would be a good starting point for me.

Service # RA11761750.
MOS 33-D-20, E 4. Vietnam War Service Dates 11/69 to 11/70.
Army Security Agency, ASA, 509th Command Group.
224th Aviation Battalion. Radio Research.
138th Avn Co (RR) Vietnam.
11/69 until12/69 I was in Saigon.
12/69 until 6/70 I was in DaNang.
4/70 until 6/70 I was also in Hue.
4/70 until 11/70 I was in PhuBai.

4/70 until 6/70 I was in transit and at both locations.
The period in transit would be my primary concern.

Thank You, Jim Raab. http://jimraab.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment