Thursday, March 12, 2009

# 5 "NPRC Doc. 2."

NPRC Doc. 2.

James. Raab
624 Forest Ave.
New Jersey 08879.
Oct. 2006

National Personnel Records Center.
Military Personnel Records.
9700 Page Avenue.
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100.


To whom it may concern:
Please,

I am requesting my available unit rosters for the purpose of establishing a service connection to my disability. I have included a copy of my DD-214 to aid in my identification and information. My unit was 138th Aviation Company during my tour of duty in Vietnam. It is my intention to locate someone from the roster to verify my undocumented account of events. I am attempting to find proof of a “stressor”. I have been denied service connection for my disability and I need this evidence to win the appeal.

According to the last reply dated March 7, 2007: “If a search of morning reports and/or rosters is required, please provide a specific three month period to be searched. Also, please explain the specific information that needs to be verified. Limited staff and budget restrictions preclude a search of the morning reports beyond a period of three months.”

I apologize for my lack of understanding and familiarity of your abilities. In short, I am unable to help you help me. Brain Trauma is the specific information that needs to be verified. I accessed my medical records with inconclusive results. Please search any Rosters over the three month period of April, May, & June of 1970. There is the remote possibility of a familiar name and verification of a stressor. I am doing my best to narrow the search.

I was awarded a top-secret clearance. My duties included; perimeter patrols, and driving alone when necessary to acquire supplies. I started my tour in Saigon, and relocated to Da Nang, Phu Bai, and Hue, always moving north closer to the DMZ. In Da Nang my duties included, but were not limited to: bunker patrol, watch tower surveillance, fueling aircraft, and running supply missions. Initially relocating to Phu Bai there was confusion and disarray. Rank, authority, and assignments were unclear. I had to pull guard duty, outside patrols, stringing razor wire, setting up clamors, and fetch the supplies and on patrols at Phu Bai. Da Nang was continually rocketed. In Da Nang I was on tower watch. I was coming down the tower, there was gunfire and I fell to the ground. While running supplies between Phu Bai and Hue I stopped at a military base to pick up food and gunfire broke out. It was a friendly fire suicide mission. Driving a ten wheel truck alone in Vietnam and on one mission the road was washed out and with all ten wheels spinning I sank deeper into the mud. Soon gunfire broke out and I ran for cover. That was during the move from De Nang to Phu Bai. Possible motor pool report in Phu Bai.

A search of my morning reports and/or rosters is required. Please search at your discretion for anything you find interesting. Any Morning Reports focused around May 15th and later may also provide a clue. Time permitting also anything with my name during my last two weeks in country (11/70) is a bonus.

Any reflection of my induction or existence will be physically, mentally, and personally appreciated, Jim Raab

Service # RA11761750. SSN xxx xx xxxx.
MOS 33-D-20, E 4. Vietnam War Service Dates 11/69 to 11/70.
Army Security Agency, ASA, 509th Command Group.
224th Aviation Battalion. Radio Research.
138th Avn Co (RR) Vietnam.
11/69 until 6/70 I was in DaNang.
4/70 until 11/70 I was in PhuBai.
4/70 until 6/70 I was in transit and at both locations.

Thank You, Jim Raab. http://jimraab.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment