Wednesday, March 25, 2009

# 8 "Ready Access to Essential Evidence"

“NARA ensures, for the Citizen and the public Servant, for the President and the Congress and the Courts, ready access to essential evidence.”

I thought I might be included in that statement somewhere.

I would like to mention a this point that the Advocate of the Veterans Administration Hospital and other VA avenues of assistance continue to insist that my records are located at the

NARA
National Archives and Records Administration
Modern Military Records NWCTM
8601 Adelphi Road, Room 2400
College Park, MD 20740

My inquires to NARA by phone, mail, and email have insisted that my records are not there and they are located at the

NPRC
National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis MO 63132

Inquiring to NPRC by phone, mail, and email have not found anything about me at that location but they have not denied or implied they do not have them or that they do not exist. More like I do not exist.

I have been advised that I can mosey on over to Missouri after making arrangements with the customer service representative for an appointment to schedule the opportunity to do the search. That searches are time consuming and the charge for copies of information are 10 cents each and I can be assisted for 14 dollars an hour paid in advance.

The NPRC service rep has informed me that I will need authorization for access to my records and I should contact

Department of the Army
Privacy Acts Office
7701 Telegraph Road
Alexandria, VA 22315

Thank You, Jim Raab. http://jimraab.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment